Alexandra Kuzmina is one of the two founders of Mezonproekt.
Alexandra was born in 1977 in Moscow.
In 2000, Alexandra graduated from Moscow Architectural Institute – MARKHI. Alexandra is a member of the Union of Moscow Architects.
In 1999, in partnership with Ilia Mashkov, Alexandra founded the architectural company “Mezonproekt”. She is a coauthor of more than 70 projects and a member of international project teams.
Since 2014, Alexandra reads a course in Moscow Architectural Institute – MARKHI.
Since February 2015, Alexandra is the first deputy head of the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of Moscow.
Participation in exhibitions and competitions:
– Atlantic City Boardwalk Holocaust Memorial (USA), 2010
– e-Volo skyscraper competition, 2010
– Miami Waterfront (USA), 2009
– Concept for developing the Moscow agglomeration, 2012
– Federal competition “Home of the XXI Century”
– Singapore Architecture Festival 2013
– Golden Section 2015
– Arch Moscow 2015
– Perkins Eastman (USA): master plans, land development, competition proposal for “Big Moscow”;
– ChapmanTaylor (UK), Buro Happold (UK): project of developing the territory of the former research institute NIIDAR, Moscow;
– Forrec (Canada), Waterman (UK), Benoy (UK): project of the Moscow Oceanarium on the Poklonnaya Mountain;
– Broadway Malyan (UK): a housing project on the Prechistenskaya Waterfront;
– Interstudio (IT): project of a hotel on the Malaya Pirogovskaya Street;
– HPP (Germany): project of an office center on the Khromova Street;
– Aedas (UK): project of integrated restoration of the square of the Savelovsky Railway Terminal;
– Ennead Architects (USA): a competition for the new building of the Polytechnic Museum;
– ARKLINKS CONSULTING (China): modelling of development territory
The contest-winning ambitious grand-scale project of the main theater and concert complex of the Moscow area includes three auditoriums, a yard – a public area – a higher school of music, and a few hotels. It promises to become a high-profile center for the classical music festivals on a national scale.
Mezonproekt has built a new studio for the renowned sculptor Zurab Tsereteli inside the yard of the house on the Pyatnitskaya Street, across from the Church of Clement, Pope of Rome. Soft eco-modernism met some Art Deco features.
Designed by Alexandra Kuzmina, Ilia Mashkov, and Andrey Kolpikov, this house within ZILART residential complex seems to solve the eternal struggle of vertical versus horizontal, bringing the controversy to a minimum. The house is reminiscent of this factory’s golden age of the 1930’s.