One of urgent problems of Contemporary Armenian Architecture is the study of current framework of architectural objectives which include the education and research, legislation issues, the design practice and construction technologies, exploitation and preservation, aspects of style and image, the architectural policy and economical supply etc.
However in the case of small countries such as Armenia notable aspect is the limited financial ability which dictates to adapt the policy of regeneration in the case of reconstruction large scale architectural complexes inherited from Soviet period. Main problem of the presented study is the fixation of such complexes, their analysis and systematization as modern architectural trend in architecture of Armenia today.
II. Analysis of the study include the architectural characterization of modifications carried out in the following complexes: a/ the matenadaran complex of ancient manuscripts in Yerevan, b/ the Cascade complex, c/ the Zwartnots Airport, d/ the 1915 genocide complex at Dzicernakaberd, e/ the Pantheon of Yerevan and conversion of cultural center into Komitas museum, f/ the New Municipality square, g/ the reconstruction of many city centers (Yerevan, Spitak, Gumri, Goris, Dilijan etc.).
III. Conclusion, the above studied regenerations as much are an economical requirement, in any case should follow the convention rules of world preservation. Typologically they should remain within the theoretic rules and existing codex, as well as should protect the compositional regularities of the original concepts. It is reliable to adopt in the designs contemporary trends of Sustainability, Postmodern and Deconstructivism approaches, as well as building technique of hi-tech Architecture innovations etc..
IV. The above indicated buildings in original concept were studied by certain researchers.
The last study of the field published in 1986; 1987 (see A.G.Grigoryan and M.Z. Tovmasyan: Architecture of the Soviet Armenia; see also K.V.Balyan: The contemporary and National Architecture of Armenia). In order to adapt the world innovative trends in the study comparatively used the following works also:
1. A.V.Iconikov, The Architecture of 20th century, vol.s I & II, Moscow 2000.
2. Aldo Rossi, L’architettura della citta (The Architecture of the city), Padua, Marsilio 1966.
3. Robert Venturi, Complexity and Contradiction in Architecture, N.Y. 1966.
4. Charles Jencks, The New Paradigm in Architecture, Yale University press 2002.
5. Kenneth Framton, Modern Architecture Thames & Hudson 2007.
6. Francisco Esensio Cerver, The World of Contemporary Architecture, Ullmann, 2007.
7. Colin Davies, A New History of Modern Architecture, Laurence King 2017.